Feet

Feet

Friday, February 19, 2016

One Week Old

Dear Daughters,

You are one week old today! And I couldn't be a happier mommy. Right now I am holding both of you together for the first time and it's wonderful! I didn’t even mind when Miss E spit up all over me and in your sister's hair. Really, I think you were just trying to be more like Miss L, who had spit her lunch up all over her bed just a few minutes earlier.


You two amaze me every single day. As of today, you are both breathing on your own and don't have any IVs. We are working to help you learn how to drink milk without a feeding tube. Before we know it, you will get to come home with me and daddy.  I set up your cribs with your aunt Anna tonight.  We are all ready for you.  

Daddy and I are so happy to have you here as part of our eternal family. The day that you came was a little crazy, but I always felt calm and knew that we would all be okay.  I only stayed in the hospital for four days.  The first night that I went home, I was so sad because you were still in the hospital nursery.  I didn’t want to leave my girls.  It still makes me a little sad, but I know that you are in good hands.  The nurses there are so great.  They can’t get over how cute you two are.  Nobody can, really.  I love you more than you can ever know!

Love,
Mom








2 comments: